Conference 2023 in Miami is ready to kick off and we are looking forward to seeing you Tuesday! We have a wonderful week planned for you. If you can’t make it in person, sign up for the virtual event. There is still time to attend and you can even register and pay at the door!
Just a few things to help you prepare for arrival:
- To reduce the rush before we start bright and early on Tuesday morning at 8:30 am sharp, the Registration Desk will be open Monday from 2 – 7 pm. It’s located just outside the Grand Ballroom on the third floor as you come up the escalator, so please stop by to pick up your registration packets.
- The agenda online is clickable and gives you bios and abstracts so you can decide what to attend. Save a tree!
- New to the conference? Be sure to attend the “First Time Orientation” during the morning break Tuesday. Come up to the stage at the start of the break.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided Tuesday-Thursday. Breakfast will be provided Friday. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served at the Tuesday evening Member Social. Wear your Mitigator gear and get ready for the 1st Annual Karaoke Challenge where Regions compete with songs that are flood related or the words of songs have been changed to flood lyrics! Examples: “Oops, I flooded again” or my favorite, “Ain’t no river high enough”. Get it! Details at the Conference!
- Continuing Education:
- Up to 12 CFM Continuing Education Credits, please sign in daily on site or answer learning check questions virtually
- Up to 18 Professional Engineering Credits (you must sign in daily to each session attended, and you must report these credits yourself)
- Also qualifying for 7.75 AICP and 1.8 ICC credits
- FFMA will provide certificates of attendance, which will be available for download on the FFMA website by the end of May
- FFMA has secured discount parking at the Conference Hotel
- Overnight parking for hotel guests is $18/day. Your parking will be added to your room bill, just print the ticket at the entrance of self-park and present it to the hotel front desk before departure to ensure you receive the discount.
- Day-tripper valet and self-parking is $15/day. If you choose to park nearby, Omni parking is $30 for the first 3 hours, Church parking is $15/day. In the unlikely event that self-pay is full, your best bet is to valet for $15/day.
- Bring a sweater or light jacket for use inside the Conference area. As with all Conference venues, they make it very cold, so we don’t fall asleep during those exciting presentations.
- We have some exciting tours and workshops scheduled on Friday morning so stick around! Sign up at the registration desk.
- Wifi is free in your rooms for Marriott Bonvoy members. Not a member? Sign up ahead of time at Discover Marriott Bonvoy | Join The Best Hotel Rewards Program. Be sure to join Bonvoy first, then use your username to for free wifi.
We’ve been trying to get to Miami for years, it’s a very vibrant and culturally rich city. We hope you enjoy your time here and please stay safe! Check out The Official Travel and Tourism site of Greater Miami & Miami Beach.
As always, feel free to email conference@FLfloods.org if you have any questions!
We look forward to seeing you soon! Safe travels!
Cece McKiernan FFMA Executive Director & Crissy Mehle, Associate Conference Director